The client, a leading Life Sciences company, wanted to revamp their Customer Services (CS) legacy system, especially since Customer Services was the client’s primary revenue generation area. To improve operations, the client needed an automated model integrating their business processes right from quotation to sales order to invoicing, involving data flows between different modules and interfaces with the existing ESAS system. CIN (SAP Country Version India) implementation was also critical for calculating India specific taxes.
Additionally, the management required development of customized ABAP Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements, and Forms (RICEF).
NTT DATA India helped achieve a complete automation between the Customer Service (CS) and Sales and Distribution (SD) modules.
- SAP’s standard CS & SD modules are typically independent, however, NTT DATA was able to customize and integrate the modules with respect to the client’s business processes
- Completed 70+ major developments for the CS module
- Migrated 7000+ contracts in excel format from the legacy system to SAP
Two existing modules (FICO and MM) were rolled out and tax reservations were made in the MM module through CIN implementation to meet the India business.
The modules Inventory Management and Warehouse were also automated to improve user productivity.
- Introduced bar code scanning system in warehouse simplifying end of month stock taking activities & information review
Further, our business analysts also automated multiple views of financials statements including the Cash Flow statement which was earlier a manual process and provided the management with a ready to view monthly report for revenue recognition on service contract.
NTT DATA offered an impressive array of features and benefits to the client:
- A consolidated, single view of business providing easy accessibility of information, transparency, and increased speed of completing transactions
- Better coordination across multiple departments & locations due to module integration
- Accurate financial reporting with functionality of generating financials at segment level, branch level, and product group level in contrast to earlier single P&L
- Increased employee satisfaction with simple and central access to information and applications