The client, a world leader in diversified engineering solutions, had acquired a Trivandrum (India) based IT company. The client wanted to standardize the IT landscape - the newly acquired company was using legacy systems whereas its parent company was using Oracle EBS.
The Oracle EBS financial and HCM modules had to be rolled out to 6 legal entities (India, Singapore, Japan, etc.) of the acquired company.
NTT DATA successfully implemented the rollout of Finance and HCM Oracle E-Business suite modules while meeting the challenge of aligning the rollout with the client’s overall IT migrations.
- NTT had templates ready for data conversion from their legacy system to Oracle EBS, which helped jump-start the activity
- Executed multiple iterations in non-production instances to improve the client’s data quality during data conversion
- The formats for the invoices had to be customized and re-written to meet the acquired company’s existing format
Migrated year-end balances to the new system and opened the system for use from the new financial year.
Created audio/video training material using Adobe captivate for users for commonly used process tools like iExpenses and HRMS self-service system.
NTT DATA’s solution thus helped the client in accomplishing the following:
- Retired legacy applications like Navision, CRM, etc. and established a common EBS solution across the entire business, thereby streamlining business operations
- The automated and more streamlined Oracle EBS provided benefits of staff optimization, leading to IT cost reduction
- Helped simplify the IT administration and maintenance, reducing both effort and cost